HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - does anyone get burnt out from hunting????
Old 11-29-2004, 06:35 AM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: does anyone get burnt out from hunting????

Burned out? Yup.... Last season, I was actually on the verge of saying "$*%& IT" [:@][:-][&o][:'(] I got skunked the entire season. Every single hunt. Every species - deer, turkey, ducks, geese, squirrels, you name it....

Actually, I did say "$*%& IT" to waterfowling in general. I hocked all my decoys, shells, camo blind material, layout chair, etc... and gave up. See, it's a bad thing I don't like to talk about much. I had a nice private piece of farmland in northern VA where the "hunter permission" was transferred to me, since the previous guy was moving. It was a big farm field loaded with geese, that's all. Anyway, all I know is that a couple of big money goose hunters stepped in and bought a lease and basically bought it out from under me. The saying is true: Money talks.... [:@][:-] I was so bummed and hurt, I just about gave up. I sold off all my waterfowling gear, and got so pi$$ed, I smashed the wooden, 1/4" plywood, goose silouettes that I made from a template. I had about a dozen handmade silouettes out of plywood, and now they became fireplace kindling, because of my vicious temper. [&:]

So far this season, I have seen deer and took a shot at a big 8 pointer from 20 yards (I MISSED!!!!!), but feel better because at least I am seeing deer. Take a look at my hunting log in my signature, and you'll see how my deer season has been going. You'd get frustrated too....

Butch A.