HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my Deer!!!! Both of them!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 04:32 PM
dr_pepper

Default Got my Deer!!!! Both of them!!!!

I was there sitting very very quite.....I looked out one side then to the other.....oh look 3 does....(hearts beating fast)....It's almost time to go in for the evening....I couldn't get a good shot.....dang...away they walk. So I check the time.....10 min. left....I look up from my watch...look another doe. Looks a little smaller than the others....I wait for more....I see no more..(remember I am in a Blind) he strolls about 10 yards away from me
he is blending real well....i see his neck and chest through the fork in the trees...I aim carefully...he hits the ground....he is kicking...aww man I didnt kill her I thought. So I put her head in my sights and ...well I didnt want her to suffer....well before I did she stopped...I sat for awhile to make sure no one else was coming.....well I make it back to the cabin and ask anyone if they would like to help me with my deer. They could't belive I got another one. Well we went out to get it. The youngest boy runs up to it and spreads his legs apart and says its a boy!!!! So I felt the head yep a buck....ok a button buck...but hey still a buck!!!
And I tell ya I have tasted alot of deer......but nothing has been as good as this young buck. If it is true about the young ones being good meat I'll let a 10 point buck wander by any day.......well maybe not....LOL
I love this sport. Ranks right up there with catching 30 in northerns!!!!
I'll get pics soon.
Thanks all of you fellow hunters...........just for being here!!!!
Dr_pepper
Happy Hunting!!!!