HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How in the world do you stay on stand ALL day?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Stump_MN_Hunter

Default RE: How in the world do you stay on stand ALL day?

This weekend I sat full days on Sat and yesterday. I'm about to trade my arse in for another one...it hurts! lol To be honest, I think hunting all day sucks. But you can't shoot any deer sittin at home or in the truck. Bring a few sandwiches, tail mix and plenty of water. Cell phone games usually kills a couple hours. Anyone want to play against me in Tetris? Watch what you eat the previous day. Make sure it's not something that doesn't agree with you the best the next day or your going to need a fair amount of T paper. Bring changes of socks in case your feet get all sweated up. You feet will get cold and you'll need different socks. I also try and limit my water intake the night before and throughout the day so I don't have to pee a lot. By the end of the hunt, I was singing songs to myself, talking to myself, talking to deer that were out of range, talking to squirrels. Really brings out the best in you...that's for sure. And last of all, if you get tired and find yourself nodding off, GET OUT OF YOUR STAND and take a little nap. Sure you aren't going to shoot or see anything, but beats falling asleep in your stand and falling out. Good luck!!