HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cross bows
Thread: Cross bows
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 09:20 PM
OhioDuckHunter

Default RE: Cross bows

I have a Horton that is awesome for me. I am not disabled (although my buddies say I am mentally challenged, lol). I am not familiar with the different cocking devices as I do not require one at this time.

I do have something to add though. I just bought some Montec one piece broad heads and I love them for all reasons. These tips are a one piece design, cutting out blade replacement cost. I shot this tip at my target which most inserts stopped in and it went through, traveled another 30 yards and stuck into a tree base. When I pulled the arrow, the broadhead was not damaged! this was amazing!

Secondly, the tip is very easy to sharpen as you can run it on a stone keeping it flat which takes honing know-how out of the question. finally, these tips are built so rugged that I think the 6 I bought will do me for close to 10 years. What a bargain!

The draw back... about $10.00 each ($29.99 for 3). These tips will cut with amazing precision. If you are disabled, you want a clean kill with a short tracking distance. I would recommend these tips for EVERY hunter, espcially the mobility-challenged.

Good Luck to all hunters!

OhioDuckHunter