HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I got my first deer
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 07:40 PM
take-em

Default I got my first deer

Well I got my first deer. I was hunting in Northern MN around Orr, I was hunting a clear cut and on the first day we didn't see anything but today on my way out to my stand I kicked two does up and they ran into the woods. So awhile later my dad went to see if he could push them out to were I was sitting. I was sitting there day dreaming and all of the sudden I look up and here are two does standing 25 yards away. I get my gun to my shoulder and I had buck fever so bad I missed cleanly. So we went to see if we could track them but we didn't see any. And as we were coming out of the woods we here my uncle fire. And as we get to the clearing my uncle was pointing and something and we looked were he was pointing and there was a spike. I pulled up and shot free hand but missed, so I reloded and shot again and nailed him right in the neck. He went down and as we were walking up he tried to stand up and run so I shot him in the shoulder and he was down. I hate to see anything suffer and he was suffering so I shot him in the head one more time. My uncle said that he would have died from the first time I hit him but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't lose him. My uncle just clipped him in the shoulder and he could have lived but it was good I got him because it would have been a long walk trying to find him if he would have lived. I was shooting a .243 with a 3x9x40 but I had it turned down to 4. When I saw him go down I almost fell over I was shaking so bad. It was a blast up there. Sitting around the fire back at camp telling jokes and arguing over politics.
Good Luck
take-em