HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A review of the gear I have
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 08:46 PM
hondaman

Default RE: A review of the gear I have

BOW-Jennings machined extreme. Just got this bow late this fall and like it alot. Quiet and faster than my old jennings uni star +.

REST-WB Drop-tine with quick shot kit.Love this rest, no more fretting about arrows falling off if bumped. Shoots with good arrow flight.

SIGHT-Sight Master. I used a pedelum from savage on my old bow but plan on going to CO in 2006 and needed a sight for ground shooting,and this was on the bow when I got it from my uncle. I like the single pin and the quiet movement.
I also use a no-peep and will not go back to a peep anytime soon. It takes a little to get set up but well worth it. My buddy shoots with both eyes open and cannot see the no-peep clearly(seeing two different outer rings).

RELEASE-Pro Injector. Its older but simple and reliable.

ARROWS-Easton Carbonaeros Excel. They seem to work great for a good price.

BROADHEADS-NAP Crossfire. They shoot real good at the target but no shots at game yet.

CASE-Plano. Nice,tuff,and good price.

TREE STANDS-North Star climber. Light,easy to use/set up,comfy,but a little loud.
Hunters View buddy ladder stand. I got a extra 4' ladder so it is 16' high and works great for me and my 5 year old son.

CAMO-For early season I use Mad Dog growler pants and jacket.Quiet and water proof.
Mid season I use an old pair of walls coveralls.
Late season I use Arctic Shield H1 bibs and jacket. They are a little loud but very warm with little bulk.

BOOTS-Irish Setter uninsulated,800 gram,1000 gram.Love them all. Very comfy right from new(no break in needed),water proof,warm,and hold up well.
Had one pair of Rocky boots,never again. Not comfy at all and did not hold up.

PACK-Rocky. Large 3 pocket fanny/day pack with h2o pocket. Real nice back pad with wide straps for good suport.

BINOS-Bushnell Perma Focus 8x25. Good clear image without having to focus.

ATV-Honda Rubicon. This thing is great. Goes anywhere with no reliability isues.

TRUCK-Toyota(1994).This thing is great. Goes anywhere with no reliability isues.