HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A review of the gear I have
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 01:18 PM
JPruiett

Default RE: A review of the gear I have

I will post my gear and review it also.

Bow-Reflex Buckskin
I think this bow is a great bow. It is light, fast, and fairly quiet. Havent had a deer jump the string yet thanks to the limb savers and cat whiskers.

Arrows-Gold Tip XT 55/75
These are great arrows. I get them from the pro shop for 50.00 a dozen.(Usually they run about 70.00) They are strong arrows. I have shot them through my target several times. They have taken some abuse. They are still in perfect working order.

Broadheads-Thunderhead 100s
GREAT BROADHEADS. My friend shot two does last weekend that went about 70 yards each. The exit holes were about two inches. They shoot right where I aim.

Treestands-Gorilla Kong, Hunters View Climber
I like the Gorilla Kong the most. I bought some climbin sticks for it. I can set up this stand in almost any tree in about ten or fifteen minutes, and that includes trimming shooting lanes. It is very light and easy to pack, plus it is rock solid once you get it into the tree. I also have a Hunters View Climber. It sets up pretty quiet. It is more comfortable to sit in than the gorilla, but trees dont seem to grow real straight around here. Haven't had any problems with it yet, and it costed me about $110.

Camo-Remington Parka and Bibs, Hardwoods HD Green
This is my main camo, I got it from Wally world for about $200 for everything. This stuff is waterproof and has a zip-out liner. This is the warmest camo I have ever bought. It hasn't let me down yet. I haven't been spotted by a deer yet, I think this camo is definitely worth a try.

Calls and Scents
I have used MANY calls and scents, and have settled on a couple out of all my tests. Tink's Smokin Rut Sticks are the only scent I have had a reaction on every time I have been out and used them. They carry the scent at least 200 yards. I have a hardwood grunter that I have had success with.(by Primos I think) I recently purchase a bottle of red hot doe scent from the company that makes the scent machine. I am gonna try this stuff too. It is aerosol and lets out about a one second spray each time. It is a good concept. I am also going to try a snort-wheeze call that I bought, just to see if it works.

Game Camera-Stealth Cam
I am pretty satisfied with my stealth cam. I had a cheap green model, it broke, I sent it in and they sent me the $120 black model.($50 upgrade ). It performs very well. I am looking at a Leaf River Digital camera though, I heard they got a pretty good one out.

Happy Hunting!