HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Buck Contest...Baby Bucks
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 07:21 AM
Stump_MN_Hunter

Default RE: Big Buck Contest...Baby Bucks

First off, I'd like to say you all have given me a good laugh here with all of your penial sword fighting. LOL

All of you 100% QDM guys, that don't shoot less than a 4 1/2-5 1/2(immature bucks), you say you shoot doe(hmm ok), those who are FORTUNATE enough to hunt on all private land...ranches or whatever, those who are SLAMMING all others that shoot anything you seem to look at as being inferior..... I'm sure I'm missing other examples to explain yourselves, but you probably get it. How much do you guys spend on hunting every year? This includes tags, food plots, ranch fees, leases, stands, gas, food, time spent in the woods and anything else you can think of? I'd have to say quite a bit and if not, you have friends that hook you up big time. My point? You guys have to keep in mind that $$ doesn't just flow like the Mississippi River for a lot of us. Put me in your situation, with your $$, your hunting contacts and with your top notch equipment and land, where many mature bucks run and sure I'd practice QDM like you too. Stick a needle in your head, deflate it a bit and then take a look at everyone's situation. Not only your own. This old saying seems to be a bit lame and out of date, but it really fits. "Walk a day in most of our shoes". For an entire hunting season and then we can revisit is discussion.