HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TR DropZone Setup Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 03:00 PM
mjqood0

Default RE: TR DropZone Setup Help Needed

Thanks for the info.

I got mine all setup and shot it a few times. I'm very impressed by the action and smoothness of the whole thing.

My first impressions are as follows:

1. Very well made. Solid construction and you can feel it by it's weight. Not that it's too heavy, but if you are very weight consience, it's not the rest for you. The whisker biscuit was lighter.

2. Setup wasn't too painful! Having done very little serving before, I had a bit of an adventure with that step. Also, at the place where I had to serve the cord to the down cable, the up cable was right next to it. Made serving a challenge. I think I did a good job though, so we'll just have to see how well its holds up! I may put a drop of super glue on the serving if I think it's slipping.

3. This rest is not quiet as far as nocking an arrow is concerned. The aluminum is not coated in any sound supressing material. This was easily fixed with some camo moleskin / felt material. I started by putting it on the riser. I then did the entire inside portion of the rest where you lay the arrow and cut out the necessary slits for the arm to raise and lower. Seems to be decently soundproof right now. Still not as quiet as the biscuit.

4. Shot quality: MUCH BETTER!!! I was having a hard time with my biscuit since it was the cheap model and didn't have seperate windage and elevation adjustments. This DZ is awsome in that sense. Also, I eliminated all clearance issues I was having with my fletchings.

I haven't fine tuned the rest yet, but my initial shooting experience was well worth it. I would definitly go with it if I were to do it all again. I am a pleased hunter!