HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My girlfriends uncle thinks hunting is wrong
Old 10-05-2004, 07:57 PM
JagMagMan
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My girlfriends uncle thinks hunting is wrong

9Pointer123,
First, welcome to the best hunting site on the net!
Next, know that most anti-hunters are very closed minded. If he is open minded to debate, you may be able to convince him to see things differently by presenting the FACTS about hunting!
The number one fact is that 100 years ago there was litte game left in America, but through the efforts of HUNTERS, most game species are at record numbers today!
Hunters taxes, go to support the vast majority of conservation work, habitat restoration, wildlife sanctuaries, and public parks, that ALL people enjoy! Not JUST the hunters!
Also, with wildlife populations booming, hunting is the most sensible, economical way of keeping game populations under control. Most anti's that never get in the woods, have never seen animals starve, due to over population! It is much more ethical to harvest (hunt) animals, than to allow them to suffer a slow starving death! All the while claiming how much they "love" animals!
Over population also causes disease, weaker genetics, crop and property damage, and more auto accidents!
Lastly, hunting is big business! It is good for the economy! There are countless rural communities that make the lions share of their yearly income from hunters!
All of the above are legitimate facts, that cannot rationally be argued against, except by unrealistic, closed minded people!
It is one thing to claim a fantasy "love of animals," while doing little to support wildlife, and quite another thing to love, AND respect animals with our money, our work, and our lives!
I would put the "love of wildlife," of an avid hunter, up against that of a tree-hugger, or anti, any day of the week!