HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TR DropZone Setup Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 07:43 AM
mjqood0

Default TR DropZone Setup Help Needed

Well, I know this is a little late in the season, but I'm going to try to set up my new DropZone this week. The instructions that came with it contain a decent amount of useful knowledge, but what I really am interested in are some detailed pieces of information from personal experience that you all have gleaned! Perhaps this switch from a WB to a DZ will be swift?! I hope so!

A few questions I have so far...

1. Which mounting hole do I use on the rest itself? I have two tapped holes in my riser for rests, and I guess I just am curious where I want the rest when it's all said and done. As close to the riser as possible?

2. The arrow guide they ship with these things is pretty crappy. I mean, really... a piece of foam? Is this really useful, or am I better off just using moleskin (with perhaps some rolled moleskin underneath it to create a grove)?

3. Any advise on serving the lift string into the cable? I'm a little concerned about how to adjust this so the rest is in it's top position at full draw. Seems like you almost need a second set of hands here to measure while you draw. Any advise?

Thanks again all! I hope you all have / are having a good hunting season?!