HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Coyotes/Bobcats
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2002, 04:50 PM
coyoteseeker
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need Help Coyotes/Bobcats

one week my not be enough time to determine if the place is any good.coyote and bobcats alike have ranges that they travel on.depending on how large there range is it may take some time before they come back.another possibilty could be that your hunting over bait and a predator will approach that bait very carefully,exspecialy the bobcat.they could be winding you or picking your movement before they get close enough for you to see.most predators will work a bait pile at night so its very easy for them to scope out the situation before entering.i dohn't have alot of experience with bobcats but i do know there sneakers,just like a house cat.they will stalk there pray very slowly.you have to be extremly tuned in to the slightest movment out in the brush.both the coyotes and bobcats will aproach the bait from down wind,you must position your self so they can not wind you.they become accustom to this and will wait till your not there to come into the bait.personaly i like to set a bait pile so i can sit along ways off(200 to 300 yards when possible)this way theres less chance of them winding or spotting you.