HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Explain this to me?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 10:34 AM
DOE KILLER
Spike

Default RE: Explain this to me?

Sorry that I didn't give or make clear the specifics. My set up Hoyt MT sport (medium cam bow) 2117 shaft size, 26 inch, 70lbs, with 100 grain head. When I kicked up the weight last year I checked which shaft size I needed and according to Easton it is correct. Now here is a little more detail about what happened:

1. I shot 12 different arrows with (the same) 3 blade muzzy broadhead. Since I shot one arrow at a time I can't really tell you how they grouped. They were consistantly about 6 inch low and 8 inch right. To make sure that I was not torquing the bow I would shoot a field point occasionally after shooting the three blade broadhead. The field point was consistantly in the 10 ring.

2. I just so happen shot a four blade broadhead on another arrow and saw that it hit exactly where my field points were hitting. I then wondered if the four blade broadhead would hit with the arrows that I had been shooting the three blade head with, and they did. I dont have anything to spin test the arrows with.

Again, if this is a form issue why does it not show up with field points or four blade broadheads. I don't proclaim to be an expert in tuning, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how the bow would discriminate this much between the small difference of the 3 and 4 blade diameter. Should I shoot a different 3 blade head to see if there was a problem with the head that I shot?