HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Martin's "sex sells ads"
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Washington Hunter

Default RE: Martin's "sex sells ads"

Actually, in the May/ June 2004 issue of Bowhunt America on page 17 there is a Martin ad. They do compare Martin bows to others. They say, "Many other manufactures risers are made using a process called extrusion. A piece of metal is made in the shape of a riser and then is cut into smaller pieces to form individual risers to cut costs.

Risers that are extruded can have as much as 1/4"deviation from the inaccuracy of the of the extrusion process".

Then they show a picture of a couple of risers. The captions are, "Other manufacturers use extrusions", and, "Extruded risers can vary as much as 1/4"."

That is comparing their bow to others.
That's very true Zak, I've seen that add in a few differen't magazines, but look at what is said in that add and then look at what is said in a Mathews/Hoyt add. Does Martin point the finger at one specific company and say "Ours is better than (Insert Manufacturer Here) because we say so"? No, they say "This is how we make our risers, this is why ours may be better than others, and this is why you should look into purchasing a Martin bow."

Mathews and Hoyt like to point the finger at one another show show facts that may or may not be true about the other company. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if they didn't put the other companies bows in their adds, but they do, and I dislike it. It reminds me of two little kids on a playground calling each other names.