HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - speed questions
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 04:22 AM
HighDesertWolf
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: speed questions

The IBO speed is determined with the maximum pound of draw in your case 60 lbs with an arrow that weighs 5 grains per pound which would equal to 300 grains and a 30 inch draw, draw length plays a major part in a bows speed. With your setup I would have guessed it would shoot around 220 fps. I would lose the tube style peep sight and go with a Shurz-A-Peep sight that should gain ya around 5 to 10 fps. If you position the string leeches just right they can actually work like speed buttons position them about 3 to 4 inches from the cams that should give you another 5 fps. You didnt say how long your arrows were but if cut your arrows down to where at full draw the end of the arrow should be flush with forward part of the riser basically if you have a 29 inch draw your arrows should be in the ball park of 29 to 29 1/2 inches long. According to some info I have your arrows are about 31 inches long if you can lose 2 inches off those arrows that will drop your arrow weight about 22 grains, that should give you another 15 fps easy. If you follow everything I explained you should gain about 25 fps that will put you up to 245 fps which is a very respectible hunting velocity and should also give you a little more Kinetic energy according to my KE calculator the way your setup is now you are producing 49.77 lbs of Kinetic energy but by following my advice you should be getting 58.79 lbs of kinetic energy. I hope this info is helpful.