HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Want to buy a good rifle but need help !!
Old 08-28-2004, 08:21 PM
BareBack Jack
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to buy a good rifle but need help !!

The 30-06 or 300 Win Mag are great shooters and will handle all NA game even the big bears,some might give me $iht about it but the guns have been doing it for years.
I would hunt moose with 180+ gr bullets out of both,"06 keep under 250 yds,300 win under 325+.

Also if you are looking for a good used gun in .30 cal I have one for sale.

It's a Winchester 300 WSM model 70 the new black stock('03'),blued barrel.
Comes with a 3x9 Redfeild classic (1 of the best befor they went under)scope and leupold rings,and swivel studs.It is one year old in October has had less than 4 boxes of shells thru it.No handloads,just factory 180 gr Power Points,and 1 box of winchester Fail-safes.Some scraces on the stock,(I did hunt with it)don't have digital camera to send pictures.It is a honest gun ready to hunt with,I killed my elk with it last year.
I'm asking $385.00 to FFL of you choice plus shipping,money back guranteed if not happy.I will send my address and full name to you if Interested.
I'm not a gun dealer,or any thing like that.Just a plain old Montana boy who likes guns(I have 2 300 WSM).Will consider trade strait a cross for gun I would like(25-06 rem,6mm,338 win mag,or 270 WSM or Win. or ask)I don't want your dads gun or Grand Pa's cause if you trade me your going to regret giving your history to the sport.
If price to steep ask might dicker.
BBJ