HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What you believe is commonly overlooked when tuning or troubleshooting.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: What you believe is commonly overlooked when tuning or troubleshooting.

That leads me to another thing I think people get confused about. Often people read these threads or read something in a magazine and think there is a particular setting for a particular bow. I see that question often on different boards. I own such and such model of bow, does anyone know what my nock point or center shot should be? Well we could give you a good starting point, but that's pretty much what it is, a starting point. That's why you tune a bow, to make it respond to your particular set up and shooting style. You might get lucky and someone elses specs might work. That's not always the case though, it's a trial and error kind of thing.

If I know I am going to shoot broad heads out of my bow I don't even bother getting all detailed on tuning it to begin with. I just sort of eyeball things, and maybe shoot it thru paper a few times to make sure I am pretty close. Cause the chances are I will just have to move everything anyway to tune for broad heads. I normally aim for bullet holes or a slight high tear.

Paul