HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pharaoh2..
Thread: Pharaoh2..
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 08:46 AM
pharaoh2

Default RE: Pharaoh2..

Vanden10. No, I will not go there. My understanding is there are some incredable animals out that way. But...from what I've heard the owners are strict anti-hunters. They want nothing to do with hunters. And they actually have there hired help patrol the property lines in search of unwanted intruders. That coupled with other land owners in that area that prohibit big game hunting on their lands are, in my opinion contributing to disaster. If you look at the local coyote populations, if the numbers explode without hunters thinning the numbers, mange will come in and thin them out. I feel the 108 is going to show with CWD one of these days. There are huge numbers of deer down there, but they know where their safe. They stay inside the no hunting lines. The population is climbing and somthings gotta give. On the far south end of the zone, the grazing lease is open, for the most part to hunting. There are still some very nice deer down there, and you don't have to ask permission on most of it. Did you get drawn in the 108? My draw is for the 400. I'm probably going to head into blind or yarrow canyon. I've heard from several folks that there are some mulies who think they are elk down there. Next time, maybe try to get your draw there. Also, A friend owns some property in the 302, and apparently, the mulies are really looking good there too. On a side note, I do hunt gophers and coyotes on the knight ranch. It's on the deserate property lines. I also have a place past spring coulee, along the borders of deserate. But I have never seen any deer up there. Good luck to you this fall.