HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need info on Grays Harbor wild pig hunt...
Old 08-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Have 2 Hunt

Default RE: need info on Grays Harbor wild pig hunt...

I found a group of about 6 pigs afew years ago up in the middle of nowhere in Grays Harbor. It was a couple of years before the Game Department made their first announcement. So we figured we would try to take them alive, it seemed like a good idea at the time. We went for a 100# boar first. It had some pretty good tusks and it was even money for awhile. We found if you run them for awhile they wear down pretty quick. When we got it tired then we roped it, that's where it got real interesting. We did manage to get it and drag it into a crate though. We went back several times over the next few weeks and managed to get two more, a smaller sow and a piglet. We gave the sow away and they latter ate it and said it was good. the Boar escaped and has only been seen once since. The piglet escaped but I was able to recapture it and gave it away. If I can find a picture I will post it. I have been back several times since the Game Department said to shoot them and hav'nt seen another one. I have heard of a couple being shot though. I think they got shot up pretty fast after it hit the pappers.