HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3-D target
Thread: 3-D target
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Lady Forge
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3-D target

We currently have over 40 Rinehart Targets, and we have been very satisfied with them. Some of the qualities that made them so attractive to us were, the price of replacing the replaceable core verses the cost of replacing the whole midsection, the easy pulling foam, they seem to stand up to the elements of the weather well without the color fading or the foam drying out, the wide selection of different species available, and they were good looking targets. We had one coyote target that was shot up far to soon and it turned out that the core had a air bubble in the core foam so Rinehart replaced it for free. Rinehart targets take an aweful lot of arrows to wear them out,So I have to say we have been happy with the targets and with their customer servive.
Now next year McKenzie targets will be providing the ASA with 3D targets for all the ASA PRO/AM's and the Classic Championship, they are producing McKenzie 3D Targets in the softer foam with a replaceable core with the ASA 12 ring, this will do away with the need to replace the entire midsection. They will be doing this with the Leopard, Warthog, Wolf, Antelope, walking Black Bear, Black Boar, Couple od Deer, bedded deer,. Now this new target from Mckenzie will I think be much more attractive to the cunsumer if they can keep the price down on the replaceable core. I dont know if they will be offering this new target to the general public for purchase or if they are producing them for the ASA only, but it may be a new target to look at the ATA show, they were saying they should be ready by June of next year.