HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Camp Cender Benefit 3D Shoot + Novelty Shoot
Old 08-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Lady Forge
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camp Cender Benefit 3D Shoot + Novelty Shoot

Well a good time was had by all at the Camp Cender 3D Benifit Shoot.... we had a 30 target 3D Shoot set in a wooded setting with some open field shots..... we all had a good laugh at the Big Buck Shoulder mount that was placed out in the bean field in a small clump of tree's to look like it was bedded down...... many folks thought it was real glassing it with their binoc's and took it hook line and sinker... we all had a good laugh at the fellow whom saw it and came speeding back on the 4 wheeler to tell all to come see the big buck he had spotted bedded down[8D]
At the finish of the 3D shoot we talleyed the scores and divided into flights based on highest to lowest scores.... top scorers were placed in the 1st flight ... with myself shooting womens bowhunter, my husband shooting open class, another open class shooter and 3 of my fiends all shooting bowhunter class we were then in a sudden death shootdown for the 1st flight , 1st shot on the sudden death shootdown required me to have to shoot a 3D target between to strands of barbwire due to my height I couldnt shoot over the barb wire like the rest in my flight.... I was sure I would be eliminated on the 1st shot due to the barb wire but to my suprise my shot was good we eliminated one open shooter on that target I went on to survive the next 3 3D targets to go to the last target and on that one the remainining 4 archers including my open class husband all fell short of hitting the mark..... I was the last shooter and I shot the 3D target and was the only shooter to hit the 10 ring and won the entire shoot All the fellows took a good ribbing from Mark for getting beat by a women
So we brought home a new block target, new PSE Bow, a new Gorilla Grabber arrow puller, a new Monster Buck DVD and a new Whisker Bisquit. We won the prizes from the 3D shoot and from shooting the novelty shoot.... we had a terrorist to shoot in the head at 83 yards and a Grizzly bear 3D target to shoot at 56 yards, arrow poker and moving targets to shoot.We even had bows and arrows and BB Guns for the kids to shoot. We had Brats and Dogs with Barbeque Chicken, venison stew , potatoe salad, cookies, brownies etc for lunch . They had fellows riding around the 3D course to watch the shooters and if they saw a good shot they would hand that shooter a ticket to claim a prize like a new whisker bisquit rest , DVD's etc. They had ice cold water and juice and soda's dilivered to the shooters on the courses by fellows on 4 wheelers. And it was a great shoot to practice for the upcoming archery season, we had archers from Peoria,Charleston and other area's attend. We were able to raise funds to help out a great cause and it seemed that all those attending were having a great time.