HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 01:51 PM
BowElkFreak

Default RE: Questions Re: Quik Spin vanes?

I may have been a little vague in my above post. What I'm trying to say is that with my setup and under my testing I'm seeing better penetration and slightly flatter arrow flight (my groups are a little higher with QuikSpins consistently, even at distance). I haven't seem major improvement with my groups, but some are better. I have to admit that my tightest groups have been with QuikSpins though. I would like to think alot of it is just me and added practice too. [8D]

I don't have all the toys to test speed all the time and all I can do is calculate KE and all that, etc. I can go shoot these things a bunch and go from there. Using that info, I don't know that I'm losing any KE. Maybe I'm missing something here, but my experience with penetration into a target should allow me to determine KE loss/gain (assuming that target is the same for all tests, etc.) I can say after a week of testing, I'm getting deeper penetration with them.

Again, heavier is good for me. No complaints there. Like I mentioned above, my FOC gets back under 12% using these. My bow is very well tuned, so maybe that slight difference is giving me slightly better arrow flight, thus increasing my penetration and "flatness". I don't have anyway of really testing that other than shooting over and over. Who knows, the only thing about the QuikSpins that could really be helping my setup is the added weight. I would like to test this theory down the road too. I can fix that cheaper than this!

Hunting season starts in a week for me. These other tests will have to wait until next year. It's time to go huntin'!