HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow rotation, is it important?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Trushot_archer

Default RE: Arrow rotation, is it important?

The spin isn't always needed IMO....but it sure doesn't hurt.

For the same reason the quick spins work...the Turbos work better once you get them tuned in.

They can widen the window of arrow choice pertinent to spine. A normaly slightly underspined arrow will work as the speed of the spin from the Turbo stabilizes it much quicker.

They can cover up minor flaws in a shot. One of thise that you let go and immedietly wish you'd have let down to start over...can still be an X sometimes. More forgiving due to the high RPMs

CROSSWIND! I did a 3D shoot here locally and there was one shot ranged at 52 yards, open grass and there was a 25MPH crosswind that day. I shot 2 arrows....
one was a 370 Grain Carbon Force with a 100 grain tip and 4" offset Duravanes and the other was the same arrow, same length, same tip with a Turbo Nock.

The Vaned arrow I aimed 18-20" and the arrow traveled 24-26".
The Turbo only traveled 14-16"...quite a difference.
The Turbo Nocked arrow was 25 grains heavier....that may have had a bit to do with it but not enough to believe that weight was the major factor.

For indoor, 20 yards, contoled environment shots...you can tape 3 peices of a McDonalds Straw to the end and you can shoot.

Outside in the weather and elements and unknown distances...I'll shoot he highest RPM arrow I can find and that's why I'll stick with the Turbos.