HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new to turkey hunting
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 10:35 AM
.308 Swar

Default RE: new to turkey hunting

ORIGINAL: daystalker

how am i supposed to find a mentor? i woudlnt guess there are alot of LONE hunters out there who are willing to take a 26 year old hunting for turkey. but hwo knows. hwo should i go about getting a mentor. everyone up at my archery shop doesnt hunt turkey. is there somewhere on this forum that allows you to look for a mentor?

thansk again fellas. you guys have been a great help.

Ask here, IF you have land to hunt i think there are many guys on here that woudl love to come to a new place to call in a big ol tom for ya and show you some tips and tricks.

Last year was my first year. I was just like you lost as hell. I got DVD on it a couple of books and asked alot of questions on here. I bagged 2 toms and a jake. Not too bad for my first year. But i will tell you alot of turkey hunting for us beginnners is luck and from what i hear it plays a big part for advanced turkey hunters. Dont give up. Man i called and called and sat many days in the forest and then it just happened. It will get frustrating to hear that tom just out of your reach and he wont come in. Be patient.

Just read and read and listen to those recorded turkey sounds and ask a ton of questions on here. All the people on here are very helpfu. Oh ya, look at old message threads i am sure someone has asked some of the questions you are thinking about.

good luck, you have plenty of time to get ready for spring season. I am chomping at the bit already, thank god for deer season to help me get a fix