HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 04:30 PM
NorthernMN

Default RE: QuikSpins? Worth the $$$?

As much as I hate to get in the middle of a perfectly good argument...

The Quickspins can in fact do what no other vane can do. That is; give exceptional control of a large fixed blade broad head fletched in a straight configuration. Find me another vane that can be fletched with very little offset or helical and still control a large fixed blade broad head. And don't tell me that it is just a tuning issue. Even a well tuned bow can't overcome the ability of a broad head to steer an arrow. Otherwise we would skip the fletching process.

More importantly, why would we care to fletch without helical or a hard offset. Your choice of rest may be the biggest. Unless you use a drop away rest then there is definitely contact issues you have to deal with if you are using helical fletchings.

There is my 2 cents. And just for the record, I have been shooting Quickspins for a few weeks now.

And while I am at it, I did take my bow out of tune just to see what would happen. The arrows do seem to recover more quickly using Quickspins than anything else I have tried including feathers.