HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I just got off the phone with George Taulman of USO.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:26 PM
gleninAZ

Default RE: I just got off the phone with George Taulman of USO.

Did you ask him about the indictment in Arizona against him and his guide from Payson? He knows that the courts have already ruled that the animals are state property that's the reason they are managed by state G&F departments and not the feds. He knows the majority of funding for that management in AZ comes from residents. He also knows that we already allocate 10% of tags to non-res hunters. He wanted the 50% which is bull crap. He is blowin' smoke up yer rump and he is also feeling the pressure that his lawsuit has brought. He will not win this one long term. His business of tag securing has all the tags mailed to his NM office so he can control his hunters. Well we just changed that so if anyone buys his tag service the tag will be mailed to their home and thay can use it with a good outfitter. Thanks for calling him, now I think he needs to log onto some websites so he can get grilled a bit and we will see if he can defend his position.