HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I just got off the phone with George Taulman of USO.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Wolf killer
Nontypical Buck

Default I just got off the phone with George Taulman of USO.

I just talked with George Taulman of United States Outfitters. I told him I was a resident of Montana that loved to hunt elk every year. I kept a civil tone the entire time we talked.
I told him my side of the story. He told me his side of the story. He told me he has already talked to Montana's fish, wildlife & parks. He told me he felt the game belonged to everyone. He said he wanted 10% of the Arizona elk tags awarded to non-residents. The court ruled that 50% of the tags should be given to non-residents. George Taulman said that a bull elk could not tell the difference between a non-resident hunter or a resident hunter.
I told him I should get a better chance at the draw because I was a full time resident. I told him I pay taxes to the local & state goverments year round. He did not agree.

Anyway I talked with him & I think he has a case that is going to be tough to beat in court. His case in a "nutshell". He is asking every state why they have to discriminate against non-resident hunters to manage big game animals. He says that game on federal land belongs to everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know what I was told from the man himself.