HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope Recommendation for CVA Optima Pro
Old 07-20-2004, 06:27 AM
Tomster

Default RE: Scope Recommendation for CVA Optima Pro

My friend just bought the Optima Pro at the local gun shop and got a good deal. Cheaper than what Cabela's had, paid cash though. His stock was black, but with the white flecks throughout it.

He also bought a bushnell scope dusk to dawn. I tried putting on the scope with the Weaver rings they gave us, but the front of the scope was hitting the rear sight, and the rear, the trigger mechanism. I have some Weaver's over and unders that I'm not using so I may give them to him so he can sight in the rifle.

I also have the 50 cal CVA Firebolt Ultra Magnum, and I love the gun. I was using the TC Shockwave and they were very difficult to load, and they even broke my bullet starter. I had originally sighted in the TC's at the range at 100 yards, but switched back to the Aero tip PB's, 295 grain. I can load them with my thumb. I shot two at the range the other day, both shots were touching, 100 yards, 3 inches to the right, 2 inches down from dead center. I have to make some minor adjustments to bring them back in line. Not bad after not shooting the rifle since last October, when I was using the Shockwaves.

T