HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Leverdude
Typical Buck

Default Bringing broadheads & field points tgether.

I'v got my field points flying good & getting good groups but today I tried my broadheads & they were about 6" left & a bit down. The elevation issue was easy to fix & now theyre within about 1 or 2 inches at 20 yards. The windage however has me baffled.
I moved my rest in to the right in small increments till they were hitting where the field points did but then my field points are way right & I'm nowhere near centershot with it set up this way & arrow flight is out the window also.
I'm shooting 2216 gamegetters at 68# & they are 28" shafts with 4" vanes & 100 grain heads.
I'v got some 2219's coming so that may fix it but I'm very frustrated at this point.
Last year I shot the same arrows out of a Bear compound at 70# & there was no issue at all.
It may just be that I'm under spined at this point but I would like some opinions.
One more thing is I switched from fingers to releas this year & dont know if thats part of my trouble.