HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stud fee
Thread: stud fee
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Doc E
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: stud fee

ORIGINAL: j3k2c1

1. I'll need to find all her papers and such, but both her parents (and all her grandparents I guess you would call them that) have taken first either in national competitions or major region championships.
2. Her parents are both hip and elbow OFAd.
3. Both parents and her are natural registered pointing labs.
4. Her parents and her have their CERF on their eyes.
5. My lab herself cost us $1200, so getting an equal stud would keep the pups at that level, wouldn't it?

1. Without knowing the letters (like FC, NFC, AFC, NAFC, MH, MHR, etc etc etc), there is no way of knowing.

2. What are the ratings? (A dog can be rated as badly as OFA Dysplastic, but it's still a rating).

3 No they aren't. Labs that point aren't "registered" as Pointing Labs. They can have Pointing Lab titles (CP, IPR, MPR or GMPR), but there is no registry that registers them as such.

4. What are the CERF ratings? Just like hips, they can be CERFd as having retinal folds or retinal dysplasia or genetic cataracts etc).

5. Not necessarily. There are dozens of $3000 dogs that are washed out of Field Trial training every year, that end up getting given away or sold for a small % of their initial cost.

What does your dog have as "proof" (titles etc) that she is actually a dog that would (upon being bred) have puppies that would be likely to enhance the breed? A dog can be dandy good without titles, but without titles, you have no proof that she actually is.