HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bowtech freedom cam draw stop?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 04:59 PM
dixie bowhunter

Default bowtech freedom cam draw stop?

I just recently downloaded the 2004 manual off bowtechs website.I noticed that they had the drawstop settings for the freedom cam marked down.Are these the recommended settings to get peak preformance out of the bow or just for the exact draw length the module is supposed to be for?My f4 module is for a 27" draw length and I have been shooting it set on the 6.5 mark.When I set it on the 8.7 mark that is recommended in the manual it feels too short with too much bend in my bowarm.My main concern is does my bow lose any preformance this far back in the valley?Should I try a 28" module and see if it fits better instead of the 27"?I have also heard that you do not want the draw stop set too far back as it could cause the cam to over rotate and damage the cable.I know you can play with the stop a little to get your exact fit but 6.5 seems a lot different than 8.7 setting.Seeing as how I am a short draw archer anyway I want every fps I can get out of my bow.When I purchased my bow my dealer just put the f4 module in had me draw it back too where I was comfortable and slid the draw stop too where it touched the limb and tightened it down.But since I have been reading the manual I think I might should get a 28" module.Any help or info would be appreciated.Thanks!