HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning BOSS
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 07:55 AM
pharaoh2

Default RE: Browning BOSS

The funny thing that Browning did to shoot themselves in the foot was to introduce the BOSS systems. You and I know the advantages of the system, but Joe Blow walking into the gun shop for the first time, won't look at it that way. In a nut shell, it makes it sound like their rifles won't shoot right without it, and their standard guns just are'nt accurate. This is not the case. I have never owned a bolt rifle that would not shoot worse than 1.5", at it's worse. And thats not bad. Considering most game is taken well under 300 yards, (or 200, or 150, whoevers work your reading at the time) and I belive that to be true. There are the few 500 yard shots you'll make, but at 300, your 1.5" gun can still thread that bullet through a deers lungs. So the BOSS will help your gun shoot better, but how dead do you need that critter? I don't think it's worth the trade offs. I.E: increased muzzle blast, reduced barrel length, more technology incorporated into modern rifles, unsightly appearance, etc. But this is just my opinion, don't mean to insult the BOSS lovers out there.