HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What if any survival gear do you carry in your pack?
Old 05-26-2004, 12:31 AM
bow_huntr

Default RE: What if any survival gear do you carry in your pack?

I dont feel the need to bring an extreme amount of survival gear becase I just dont hunt on a large expanse of land. If I where to say go chase elk in the mountains, or go to Canada or Alaska hunting on thousands of acres in the roughest country out there I would bring a map and compass and thoroughly study it. I just dont see the need to have gps and all that satelite positioning stuff when I can be just as well readied with a map and compass. As for other items I would take an extra knife,sterilizing agent, flares, smoke, .44 mag pistol, parachute cord, mirror,whistle, exta radio, high energy bars, pur tablets, emergency blanket, waterproof torch lighter, gauze pads, sewing kit, air horn(), and many other items that would definately be taken. Some of those things I mentioned would be taken depending on the situation. And of course TP, dont wanna take chances with the leaves. Oh and a well stocked first aid kit. A GPS would be very good at contacting medical help much more than just flares,smoke, or a average radio. I never know, I might end up getting that Rhino system one of these days! Good luck and be safe.