HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Yorkers- did you get out for the youth hunt today? i did
Old 04-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Squirrelhunter91

Default New Yorkers- did you get out for the youth hunt today? i did

me and my dad went up to our camper in sullivan county. we slept there friday night into saturday. woke up at about 5:00. got in the woods around 6:30. no gobbling at all. my dads friend owns a farm up there and we went up to the farm. nothing up there. the day is still young though...8:30 a.m........we were up at the farm for about an hour and a half until 10:00. then we decided to go back to our property and walk the mountain. we didnt see anything up the mountain. now 10:15...... so we then decided to go back down the mountain, but not on the path. as we were approaching a ridge, there was a stone wall which had a gobbler hiding behind it.( we didnt kno at the time) once i took a step towards the wall, the turkey took flight and tried to land in a tree, but couldnt so it just kept on flying. (10:30 AM) it was definetly a gobbler bc we saw the red and blue head stretched out when in took off. only damn turkey we saw all day...[:@][]....... i thought about taking a shot at it with my 20 gauge, but i didnt, it all happend to fast. now what i dont understand is why the gobbler was still all alone that late in the morning........

anyway did anybody else get out for the hunt today, i will be back out tomorrow. gotta wake up at 4:15 AM bc we gotta drive for 40 minutes to get to ulster county...[:@]... well i would love to hear some stories from today.... i am gonna go to bed soon....

Good luck tomorrow if you didnt get anything today..... also good luck for the season