HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What trail markers to get???
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Eider

Default RE: What trail markers to get???

I use Pathlites, they are reflective thumb tacks that come in four differnt colors. A couple of advantages of the colors are If I change direction, or the trail splits I chang the color of the tack, or use a different color real close to my tree so I know I'm approching my stand. Also, the yellow, red and blue work much better in the snow and rain and fog than the white. The blue tacks really pop with a green light.

I also have a reflective hoist on my tree stands. I don't need tacks in some places, this thing lights up when a light hits it from quite a distance. One big advatage of the reflective hoist is it becomes a great refrence point while on the ground looking for signs of a hit after the sun has set. Last year while looking for signs that a friend hat hit a deer, it was dark, he kept telling me the deer was standing in a certain spot when he shot. I flashed my light back to the stand, the hoist lit up and from where we where standing there was no way he could have shot that deer in that spot. It's great refrence tool from the ground. If anyone is intersted in the reflective hoist let me know, they are only sold locally. Hey, you need a hoist on a tree stand, might as well make it useful beyond just pulling your bow or gun up.