HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Principal, teacher suspended for letting sex offender into school...
Old 04-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Coastie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Principal, teacher suspended for letting sex offender into school...

Why in the heck do they suspend with pay?
Ordinarily I would agree with you about suspensions "with pay" this time however I tend to go the other way. I say this because there is a hearing scheduled for April 23rd at which the matter will be judged. If they are found "Guilty" of some malfeasance then the pay will or may be taken from them and or harsher penalties exacted, if there is some exculpatory evidence presented (at least on the part of the pricipal) then he/she has had a ten day paid vacation beyond his/her contract. In the mean time, some punishment has been started, immediately and publicly. Two careers have been placed in jeopardy due to the poor judgement of one or both parties. If the pricipal knew in advance that this man was planning to attend this event and knew of his past, he/she should be fired. The teacher whose husband was the offender, should be fired out of hand.