HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I Am Outraged !#%^@&
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
jjt

Default RE: I Am Outraged !#%^@&

No offence jjt, but IMO your grandparents and people like them are the reason why we are having the problems with them now. People either want then 100% gone or want them 100% protected. Maybe had they not irradicated them from the entire area in the first place and instead come up with some sensable management plan to deal with them you wouldn't be fighting with the people that want them 100% protected now.
or maybee if they had not stopped at the canadian border, the problem would be solved

put up a fence that is a great idea and let see first there is the time and money ( a couple strings of barbed wire will not keep out a wolf)

then there is the fact that if you(wolf proof stops deer elk and antelope also) fence off 80,000 acres that the deer elk and antelope winter on i am killing 100s maybee 1000s of ungulates

all the ranches around me have problems with deer elk and antelope yet we understand they need a place to winter be it very costly to us somewhere you got to draw the line and when they start eating livestock (source of income) that is the line

i dont care what peta or the rest of the wolf lovers think

if they become a problem YOU have to deal with them the government is not going to help or give you any other means so you find away to semi leagaly take care of the problem

the initial issue was 100 wolves inside the barrier of the park they are now pushing 7-800 with no control in sight

so i look at ist as the US fish and game has pretty much screwed us as far as i am allowing
we (WY)have put forth a very good management plan and it was regected so now we wait and wait and wait
well now it is calving season and i am tired of waiting