HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - overstaying your welcome
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 03:44 PM
snowdog2

Default RE: overstaying your welcome

You know what, KSU--those guys probably never felt sorry or humiliated or low, from what I have learned about those types.

A good friend was saving a draw ACROSS THE ROAD from his farmplace for my son and I to hunt pheasants last fall. Posted all over the place with No Hunting signs. So the day before my son and I are going to hunt it, he sees four guys and their dogs in there, pushing 10s of birds and banging away. He races over there, and they ARGUE WITH HIM that they have the right to hunt there and that he is NOT THE LANDOWNER. He called the sheriff to have them arrested, but the sheriff was delayed, so the guys took off. THEY NEVER APOLOGIZED!! Needless to say, my friend was po'd, and even (get this) apologetic to my son and I when we got there the next day because these outlaws ruined our hunt. Time and again I hear stories like that from my landowner friends, and time and again they all tell the same story--the guys falsely claim they have permission, then challenge the landowner as to whether he owns the land when the landowner announces his ownership. NEVER do the guys apologize, share the birds, offer $ or otherwise appear remorseful. They just have been caught and are trying to lie their way out of their crime!!

I am SOOOOOO careful. I won't cross a fence or go out of bounds, let alone hunt where I know I have no permission. What is it with this bunch of outlaws?? Why do they think they have the right to hunt wherever they feel like??