HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what not to do
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 10:20 AM
st1

Default what not to do

me and my hunting buddy went this morning. got setup a little to late but the fog was thick so we were ok. surrounded by birds. they were sounding off everywhere until they flew down. i guess they weren't talkin on the ground becuase of the fog. had the dekes in a pasture, we're in the woods about 30 yds away and ol tom sneaks up to our left and spotted us. my bud tries to shoot thru a 6ft oak at the bird. didnt work out real good. . we figured that was it so we get up to take a look around and spook about 10 hens that were just over a rise. . we see a two toms fly down about 100 yds down a power line and head for the woods. we sit and try to call them. nothing out of those two but two more across the pasture start raising heck about 1/2 hr later. called and waited for about 45 mins. or so and they wouldn't budge so were going to sneak around the pasture closer to them and set up. they moved at the same time we did and we stepped right up on top of them when we got around the pasture. those birds are probly still running. i created new curse words this morning. since this is only my third season i'll chalk it up to lessons learned and thank God the season is two months long.