HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Might Mite and wrong draw length
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Len in Maryland

Default RE: Might Mite and wrong draw length

Gee, you really look uncomfortable and 'out-of-form' in those pictures. It is a shame there are so many varying opinions on the subject of proper form. In my shop, one of the things we do is change the draw lengths on new purchases quite a bit to 'adjust' the person rather than 'adjust' the bow.

Besides, I find the BowTech draw lengths to be normally 1/2+" too long anyway. If you had a 28" module, my equipment would probably read it at 28 1/2". This, from what I've seen in the pictures, would be far better for you than 30" (which would actually be 30+").

Just the other day I noticed that my peep had turned on my backup bow that I haven't shot since November. I shot it a bit and it really felt bad and I wasn't shooting my norm. I checked it closely and found that my 'custom' string that WASN'T supposed to stretch had grown quite a bit. I wouldn't expect a string to stretch that much just setting there for 4 months, but it did. No broken strands that I could detect; but, it moved a lot. I checked the DL and found it to be around 30+". I normally shoot between 29 1/4 to 29 1/2".

Tonight I changed the string and got it back to -29 1/2". I shot a LOT better. I then tweaked it down to 29 1/4+" and found myself really shooting great with it again.

I'm telling you this for two reasons. First, new strings do make a difference; and, second, draw length is a critical factor.

If you came into my shop, we'd find that 'sweet spot' in DL for you and then you'd know where you feel most comfortable and shoot the best. Right now you're just bouncing around in a 2" quandary.[:@]