HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Might Mite and wrong draw length
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 06:47 PM
ewolf

Default RE: Might Mite and wrong draw length

You are always better to have your draw length to short. Your bow arm should be bent. Some say just a little i say more then that. Once you build the strength in the tricep it will be really comfortable. I think that you should go down to 28 inches, at least. There are two reasons for this, your bow arm, and were you anchor your realease. For you best shooting you should be in T form. Your anchor is high on your face. If you anchor below the chin you will be in proper form. Also this will make your pins closer together which is always better. Just a suggestion, it has to be somfortable to you. It looks like you are using a short-n-sweet release am i correct? Great choice. If you go to a below the chin anchor you can put your index finger over the release and "Pull" the trigger with your middle finger. Also make sure you are pulling with the second pad of your finger. I know that it is hard to untie the rope but it will make you better to shorten it the second pad of the finger. When setting someone up on a bow I always start out to short and add length. Just for a reference I'm 6 ft. 1 In tall 200lbs and i draw 27inches. If you liked my advise and have other questions just reply back. hope i helped