HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plots????
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Stone Cold

Default RE: Food Plots????

I appreciate your help. Just for your info. I contacted the whitetail institute and other "Targeted" Blend companies last year about the area that I hunt which is South Arkansas. I told them about the problems that we were having. Every one of them with the exception of one company told me that they couldn't help me because their seeds did not grow well in that region.

The only company that guaranteed me that their seed would thrive in the conditions that we told him was Tecomate...and they said they would only plant the Lab Lab.

Now, this year all of a sudden the Whitetail Institute comes out with this Extreme Blend....if the research on this type of seeds were actually going on....and we are talking about four months ago when I talked to them.......why couldn't they say......"Hey, we have a new product coming on the market soon that will handle those extremes"? I have a bad feeling that this EXTREME is a marketing ploy and there will be a bunch of disappointed people.

I hope I am wrong because I would love to have other options.

Dean

PS....From what you are telling me is that basically if I Lime......even though I do it right.....I still will miss the planting season this Spring due to the time it takes to have the Lime affect the pH of the soil.