HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?
Old 03-03-2004, 09:19 AM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?

Opening day, I'm sitting in my tree and notice these hornets buzzing around quite a bit. When I climbed down, I noticed that there was an underground hornets nest just at the base of my tree. I backed off a bit and wondered how I was going to get my climber off of the tree without ticking them off. I kind of timed the little buggers. As soon as one came out of the nest and took off, I loosened the seat part and got it off. Stood back, waited again, then took the platform off. I waited again, then moved my stand back from the tree to secure everything. When I bent down to start putting it away, I hear a buzzing from my inside my jacket. I jumped up, started swatting myself to kill the hornet that somehow got into my clothes. Satisfied that the lil bugger is squashed, I start putting my stand away, and there it goes again. I do the swat dance again for a while, then I realized just how much Primos "The Can" can sound like a bee in your pocket when its laying on its side in your pocket and something intermittantly plugs that little hole on top...