HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ameristep Jakehouse Turkey Hunting Blind
Old 01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
snowdog2

Default RE: Ameristep Jakehouse Turkey Hunting Blind

If I was going to limit myself to one and only one blind style, I think I'd get a camo umbrella blind, because you can use it as a ground blind and as a rain umbrella, plus, if you're into retriever training at all, you can also use it as a retired gunner blind.

I have a camo and stakes blind I sometimes take turkey hunting that operates in the same style as the Jakehouse, but I rarely actually use it anymore, because I wear complete camo and if I feel the need for more concealment than what my camo clothes offer, I cut branches and stick them in the ground in front of me for extra concealment.

My question to you is why you feel a ground blind like the Jakehouse is necessary. I can see many good reasons to use one, such as hunting with someone who can't sit still for very long, but I don't think buying one just because its cheap makes much sense. Sitting still in camo up against a tree with a few branches stuck in the ground works pretty good.