HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sako 75 Hunter woodstock vs A-Bolt SS
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 10:43 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sako 75 Hunter woodstock vs A-Bolt SS

Both are good rifles, since you said you want an ALL WEATHER gun I'd say stick with the Synthetic Stock - Abolt in this case. I have one and it has been an excellent rifle. Only thing I did was take the trigger down to 3 lbs, other than that it shoots excellent and has stood up very well. If you really like the Sako, I have a number of walnut stocked rifles and while I prefer the synthetic they haven't caused me any concerns. However the only rain I usually see is Elk season in sept and maybe the odd shower in oct or november. I do see lots of snow and below freezing temperatures though, I just wipe them down with lightly oiled rag and keep a preservative on the wood. Of course the other choice with a sako is replace the stock, buy a rh action or get a custom built on a sako action.

Really depends on how much moisture you get during an average season to really see if it that big of a concern & your pocket book