HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Late DE Shotgun Season
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Duckmastor2

Default RE: Late DE Shotgun Season

My father and I hunted the leased place this evening. I hunted my usual stand and I put him in a make shift ground blind I put together with our Xmas tree and other downed trees the weekend before. Its the same place I put him all the way back on 9/1 for bow.

At 4:30pm about 125yds across the frozen woods from my stand I saw 2 does working around looking for food. All the sudden, their tails go up and they scamper off. I'm thinkin 'man their jumpy'. The reason why appeared 1 minute later in the form of a small buck. Nose to the ground following the trail. They were not coming my way, but I was encouraged by seeing deer movement with still over an hour of shooting time remaining.

Just as the sun dipped below the horizon, I heard my dad shoot. Packed up and headed over to his spot. He got a nice bodied 5 pt. Small horns but a nice sized body. Probably weighs 125lbs. Not bad at all.

Thats 2 for him this season! I have next saturday to try and get one myself. It'll be with the bow. May hunt in NJ though. All depends on my dads scouting reports and the weather.

Im just happy that the family has 2 deer in the fridge. Esp happy my dad got one from the leased place. With all the time I've put into that place this year, it makes it all worth while!

1 week left guys!