HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters
Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 PM
James B
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Guess there are not that many Dis. hunters

AK. I hope as I am sure you do that your son is with the greasest hunter and fisher of men ever. I feel for you and your family. God bless you and his memory. I am a disabled hunter who is for now anyway, able to hunt pretty well and spend a lot of time fishing. I had a lung removed because of cancer and had a bad heart attack while in the recovery room after surgery. I was unable to do anything for a year or more but thank God I have recovered far beyond what was our best hope. I can walk and hunt however not alone and VERY slowly. I have several side affects but have learned to live with them pretty well. I was in a coma for a couple months and for some reason have lost parts of my memory. No pattern to it but someone in the family or a friend will ask me if I remember this or that and it just ain't there anymore. I developed severe Arthritis in my left shoulder which has rendered it alomst usless. They are leary of trying to do surgery on it because of the last surgery I had. They think though that If I continue to improve then surgery on the shoulder might be an option. I am on SS diability because bouts of different things keep popping up and I can at best just do a little part time work. I spent most of my life as a carpenter/ pole barn bulilder. I can't make myself sell my tools as I keep hoping for more recovery. Anyway I thank god that I am able to keep doing some of the things I love to do. And realize that I am better off than many, many others. Best of luck to all of you and when I get moved back to my small farm in SD I will have room for some other disabled hunters.