HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Running outta gas
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 01:18 PM
PAhunterJEN

Default RE: Running outta gas

I feel the same way Duck..... I only have until Saturday and since I don't have a flintlok I gotta settle for bow or shotgun in a special regulations area. Here at home where I hunt there is nothing moving and no one else hunting. The deer have a pattern now and know to go where the hunters are not. The only way to score now is to be lucky to be in the place where they decide to bed in the morning. If I hunted from a treestand I might score but I am stuck on the ground. Now if I go to the shotgun area it is a definite waste of time. The last two times I went I didn't see anything at all and there is very little sign of anything moving. I could go to a place where I can actually use the rifle but it is a two hour drive and I didn't see anything the last time I went. If I knew I would see some action then maybe I could get excited about it.
I was out Saturday and was totally drenched and coated with mud from the knees down. All I seen were squirrels but I did find a half-chewed antler from a probable 8-point. Big deal....
I'm praying for snow. I think that's the only way I'm gonna see any deer movement....
I'm now planning on where to build a couple of treestands for next year...