HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - (UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??
Old 12-19-2003, 11:02 AM
Mystro
Fork Horn

Default (UPDATE)Antlers fell off of a 210lbs 9-point I just shot last day of the season??

I shot a large 9-point (20 3/4" spread) last day of the 2003 Pa. rifle season(12/13/03) on state gamelands in North Central Pa.
I shot the big 210lbs deer in the neck with my 300 Win Mag and the impact blew both antlers off. The deer dropped in its tracks and both antlers lay neatly in front of the deer.
I have never seen this before so early in Pennsylvania?? After a close inspection of the antlers I noticed they were 1/2 way shed. The taxidermist estimated the deers age of 4 1/2 to 5 years old. Upper neck measured 23".
Has anyone else seen this before??

UPDATE..The entire story "Where did the antlers go" has been picked as a finalist at [link]http://www.pabucks.com/[/link]
The stories have to be about this years hunt. They were not looking for the bigest buck but the most interesting hunt. Check it out and vote for me. To clear the winter boredom, I have since gone back to the State Gamelands where I shot this big bruiser. It was a hike but we had a blast reminiscing and scouting for next year.