HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fish and wildlife technician?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 07:10 AM
huntnma
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fish and wildlife technician?

great advice has been given to you...stay in school...americorp is a very helpful agency.....they send people to us all the time to do thier hours and it has gotten alot of doors opened to them.....try volunteering at one of your state parks/reserve/preserves... the parks service is great too......i work on 31, 000 acres...i'm at the bottom of the totum pole but i love it, there hasnt been a day in 2.5 yrs. that i havent loved going to work...we do controlled burns, now that is a learning experience, fire in general...dont know how happy you'd be in forestry.....heard some good and heard some bad, i think it's something you'd personally have to do and see for yourself.....but i have learned to operate airboats and i am qualified to teach others now, lol...dont care for em too much, i mean i love em, but they are real easy to sink.....i've learned alot about land management and hydrological restoration and guess what , i help the biologist with the critter counts and such, plant identifcation, so much...so stay in school and become a biologist is what i say.....work as you go.......good luck and i really hope you find what you are looking for.....